Steinway & Sons is currently seeking an experienced Store Manager with a passion for luxury and a love of the arts for its company-owned showroom in Miami.
The primary focus of the Store Manager is to continue to develop the Miami market through a pro-active approach to local marketing and networking as well as managing personal and store sales.
The right candidate has a proven track record in successfully generating sales and business development, demonstrated excellent skills in administration, operations and management within luxury retail or project type sales. The candidate must have an outgoing and engaging personality and be a natural leader, who can engage with customers on many different levels. Experience with business development and lead generating activities are required to ensure a continued pro-active approach to sales.
• Ensure achievement of store sales and profitability goals
• Set sales goals for store associates and manage performance against goals
• Analyze store performance and implement programs to enhance performance
• Plan and execute all in market promotional events and activities (generating and cultivating sales)
• Oversee local Concert & Artist piano needs
• Engage in and oversee business development
• Develop and cultivate customer leads and relationships
• Oversee and manage leads for showroom
• Develop and manage a sales referral outreach program for key influencers such as piano teachers, piano technicians, real estate agents, designers…
• Ensure the customer database system is optimized for customer communication and tracking
• Allocate and follow up on all internet leads
• Plan, execute and manage all in market marketing and promotional events
• Coordinate all piano technical needs in store and after sale follow up. (tunings, etc.)
• Resolve customer issues in a timely manner
Qualifications, education and experience:
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree and experience in customer service or sales
• Past experience selling pianos and managing showrooms
• Outstanding sales and sales management skills
• Superior communication, planning, and organizational skills
• Basic knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel
• Highly motivated, results-oriented self-starter with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work independently and drive new business
• Piano or music experience/background
• Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
• Min. 2 year experience within luxury / professional sales in a commission based environment
Note: This position requires local travel, and candidate must have access to a car. Candidates must be able to lift 20-50 lbs. and be able to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.